I’ve read many articles that just recommend to let the “Determinign Gapless Playback” feature run overnight. This may work, but what if I don’t care that my songs have a short pause in between? In most cases, I’m running some random playlist of all my songs, or I just put it on shuffle – do I really need Gapless Playback? I think not.
So here is my solution*:
- Open iTunes
- Select all songs in your library – “Ctrl + A” on a PC – that little funny key on the Mac
- Right Click and select “Get Info” – It will warn you about editing all files
- You’ll get the following window
- Check the “Gapless Album” box and set it to “No”
* If you have tried this solution unsuccessfully, make sure that you have first stopped iTunes from Determining Gapless Playback as detailed on the next page of this post.
See this post: Disabling iTunes Determining Gapless Playback