So I started this blog in order to try to not only generate some advertising income, but also to find the best way to optimize and maximize that income. In order to start generating that income, the first thing that I wanted to do was to get my site indexed with major search engines – primarily Google.
- Create a site structure – Categories / Subcategories
- Create unique content – Being able to do this will depend on whether or not you’ve created categories that you’re knowledgeable in
- Use descriptive titles
- Good: i.nconspicuo.us – 10 Best Ways to get Google to Crawl and Index Your Site
- Better: 10 Best Ways to get Google to Crawl and Index Your Site – i.nconspicuo.us
- Make sure that the HTML
- Place internal cross-links within your site – It’s always a good idea to have links to other articles within each page.
- Once your site has some content, submit your site to some social networking pages
- Exchange links with other sites
- Submit your URL to Google: http://www.google.com/addurl/?continue=/addurl
- Upload your sitemap to Google Sitemaps: https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/
- Add Google Analytics to your site: http://www.google.com/analytics/
You might wonder why #10 is going to help Google crawl or index your site… it may help, it may not. I just feel that the more Google products that you use on a site, the more likely it is that the site will be crawled.
“We add and update new sites to our index each time we crawl the web, and we invite you to submit your URL here. We do not add all submitted URLs to our index, and we cannot make any predictions or guarantees about when or if they will appear.”
What are you waiting for? Get your site out there… whether you use any of my 10 suggestions or not, search engines are out there and waiting to crawl your site!