As with many people who write blogs, I also use WordPress. That being said, WordPress is a great tool to get your own blog site up and running, however there are some very powerful plugins out there that can make WordPress much better by increasing the usability to the end user, and by helping to increase search engine visibility. This list of plugins will now be known as my 11 Must Have plugins. If you feel that I’ve wrongfully omitted a great plugin, please let me know, I’d love to hear about it!
Now, here’s the list (in no particular order)
- Optimal Title (SEO)
- Google Sitemap Generator (SEO)
- Related Posts (User Interface)
- Show Top Commentators (User Interface/User Interaction)
- WP-PostRatings (User Interaction)
- Subscribe to Comments (User Interaction)
- Brian’s Threaded Comments (User Interface)
- Askimet (Spam Reduction)
- Adsense Deluxe (Revenue Generation)
- Social Bookmarks (User Interface / SEO / 3rd Party Submission)
These are the most useful plugins I’ve found in my few months working with WordPress. If you know of any other ones, please leave a comment!