As many of you have probably found out, it hasn’t been too easy to download the Blastacular Pack of new maps (Desolation and Tombstone) if you are running the Halo 2 on the Xbox 360. The problem is that Halo 2 was built and designed for the original Xbox console, so the directions that are given to help you enable Premium Purchases are far from helpful: Premium purchases are not enabled for this Xbox Live account. To make premium purchases with this account, enable premium purchases in Account Settings in the Xbox Dashboard.
Well kids, I’ve found an answer to your problem, so just sit tight and keep reading… all you little introverted gamer dorks aren’t going to have to make a dreaded phone call to Xbox Live support… you can go without socializing for another day.
Here’s what you have to do:
The content settings are located in the System section of the Xbox Dashboard under Family Settings. To make any changes to the Family Settings of a child’s profile, you must first sign in to the child’s profile. You will also have to know theWindows Live ID credentials (the e-mail address and password that you use to sign in to the Windows Live ID) for the parent’s Windows Live ID account. The parent’s Windows Live ID account determines the access to the Family Settings in the console.
To configure the content settings, follow these steps:
- In the System section in the Xbox Dashboard, select Family Settings, and then select Live Control. You are prompted to enter the password for Windows Live ID account that you used when you signed up for Xbox Live.
- Use the on-screen keyboard to enter the appropriate password for the Windows Live ID account.
- Select Content Settings.
- Select one of the following options:
- User Created Content
If you select the User Created Content option, you can restrict your child from viewing content that was created by other users.
- Purchase Content
If you select the Purchase Content option, you can restrict your child from purchasing premium content.
- User Created Content
- Select from the following settings based on the option that you selected in the previous step:
- User Created Content: allowed, allowed with friends, blocked
- Purchase Content: allowed, blocked
The above post is available at microsoft.com: