One year ago to this day, I wrote a post about ILD Teleservices and their rip off scam. That article talked about my business phone account that suddenly had extra charges tacked on from ILD Teleservices, adding an extra $80 per month to my phone bill. I had logged a complaint with Verizon about ILD Telecom, wrote my post and pretty much forgot about the problem. Since my post, I’ve gotten an occasional reply to it with people telling stories of their own problems with ILD.
It’s a completely unfortunate situation, and it appears that as of today – February 9th, 2008 (Exactly one year from my original ILD Telecom post) that ILD is still operating and scamming people out of money. I just got a reply to the original post tonight detailing a new way that ILD Teleservices is scamming people.
In an effort to help shutdown ILD Teleservices, or at least help make people aware of the problem, I will be updating this post with a list of links to agencies and companies that you can report ILD to, along with other links and articles that I find about ILD. If you have any other websites that discuss ILD Teleservices and the scams that they are running, please reply to this post with links so that I can add them in. Thanks to you all, and best of luck recovering the charges from the most unethical company operating today – ILD Teleservices.
Links and Articles About ILD Teleservices
- MSNBC – “Phone bill ‘cramming’ spikes again”
- Consumer Affairs – Long list of complaints
- ILD – Billing Questions – I feel terrible even sending any traffic to their website, but since they have a link to billing questions, I figured that it might help. If you call, don’t expect any straight answers.
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC) ILD Complaint
- Yahoo Answers – Being Scammed for unauthorized ILD Teleservices – Not very helpful