ATA Airlines Bankruptcy – ATA Flight Refunds, Get Your Money Back

If you paid for your flight by cash, check or money order you are unfortunately pretty much out of luck. I say pretty much out of luck, because you can write a letter and submit a claim to bankruptcy court and request the price of your ticket back. This will not only take a very long time to complete, but it will also not even guarantee you the full price of your ticket.

If you purchased your ticket by credit card, you’re sitting in a much better position. You can contact your credit card company and request a refund or contest the charge by doing the following:

  • Call your credit card company and find out what information they need from you in order to contest the charge
  • Indicate the price of your ticket and the date of purchase
  • State that ATA is in bankruptcy and that you will not receive the services that you paid for
  • Most importantly, state that you are requesting a credit according to the Fair Credit Billing Act

The only catch in this case is that you must submit a request within 60 days of the date of billing, so if you purchased your ticket for a Hawaiian vacation 6 months ago, you too, may be out of luck.

Here’s another way to get a refund or to get your money back on an ATA cancellation.

Best of luck to all of you who happened to have flights booked with ATA.

One thought on “ATA Airlines Bankruptcy – ATA Flight Refunds, Get Your Money Back”

  1. so i bought airline tickets in march and they went bankrupt and i disputed the charges blah blah and my credit card company took it off my account..then like 2 months later it was on my account again, .they said they sent a letter to me saying they needed more information which i never recieved. and i called them when i seen it was on my account again, and told them the story and said omg they cant do that blah blah and they changed my account number and said the charges would be off when i send them a paer back and i did so now they say there is nothing they can do and im sol now.does anyone know if there is anything i can do to get the money back?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *