Many current Visual Studio developers learned how to code in a different development environment, and with that being said, many of those developers are probably more familiar with other color schemes while coding different types of pages and files. I’d like to start a list of other editors, and hopefully start hosting Visual Studio settings files that will allow people to import settings into Visual Studio that will imitate their favorite editor.
Here are some editors that I’d like to see Visual Studio color settings for:
As soon as I create the the Visual Studio settings files for the above listed (and any other) editors, I’ll post them here so that you have an easy place to just grab a .vssettings file and import/export it using the wizard in Visual Studio.
If you’ve already created a color scheme, just comment here and I’ll get in touch with you via email so that it can be posted for others to use.
If you’d like to create your own Visual Studio Color Scheme, you can do the following:
- Click Tools > Options
- Click Environment > Fonts and Colors
- Show settings for Text Editor
- Start changing your colors to your hearts content
If you’d like to apply a Visual Studio Color Scheme that you downloaded, you can do the following:
- Click Tools >Import and Export Settings…
- Select Import Selected Environment Settings
- Backup your existing settings if you’d like
- Browse for the file that you’d like to import and select Next
- Select the specific setting that you want to import
- Then, to import only Color Schemes, select:
- All Settings > Options > Environtment > Fonts and Colors
- You’re all set – click finish