If you’re a Gmail user (which many of us are now), or if you have a friend or family member who is heavily into Gmail, you might want to take a look at the GBoard this holiday season. The GBoard is a keypad made specifically to integrate into GMail and its shortcut keys.
Using the GBoard is simple, as it connects via USB. Setting it up just requires 2 steps… only 1 step if you already have shortcuts enabled in GMail. If you already have shortcuts enabled in Gmail, simply plug the GBoard into your USB and you’re all set. If you don’t already have Keyboard shortcuts enabled, you’ll need to enable keyboard shortcuts in your GMail settings. That’s it! You’ll be all setup and ready to run your GBoard immediately!
- Q: what is the Gboard?
- A: the Gboard is a unique keyboard designed to turbo-charge your Gmail ™ experience. we’ve put what we feel are the most useful Gmail ™ shortcuts together in one convenient place, with icons and colors to help you access the Gmail™ shortcuts fast.
- Q: is the Gboard perfect?
- A: no. for example there are times when you’ll need to use the ESC key to exit an input field before using the Gboard keys (just as you would using shortcuts on your primary keyboard).
- Q: is the Gboard affiliated with Google?
- A: no. the Gboard works with Gmail ™, but it is in no way affiliated with Google, Inc. Google™, Gmail™ and their respective logos are the property of Google, Inc.
- Q: what do i need to use the Gboard?
- A: the Gboard works with both Mac and PC. anyone using Gmail ™ with a qualified web browser and a USB port can use the Gboard.
- Q: is there any software to install?
- A: no. software isn’t necessary with the Gboard. it operates using the built-in capabilites of your operating system and browser.
- Q: is it easy?
- A: yes. as you learn how shortcuts work, and how the Gboard can help you make the most of them, you’ll be a pro in no time using all the Gmail ™ shortcuts without even looking.
- Q: any instructions for this thing?
- A: the Gboard is mostly self-explanatory, but we’ve created a help area to help you get started. Happy Gmail ™ shortcutting.